Thursday, August 5, 2010

Slowin' things down...

We've spent the entire summer looking forward to our 9-day camping, boating, and fishing vacation in Missouri and (as you may have guessed by the picture) our vacation was cut short. I broke my right ankle at 6 a.m. on Monday morning (only two days into our trip). We had gotten up early to go fishing and the grass was still dew-covered. Needless to say, I was in flip-flops and slipped. Jason frantically drove the 20-miles to the nearest emergency room and they informed us that I had broken my fibula. They put me in a temporary cast and suggested that I see a orthopedist as soon as we returned to Iowa. We tried to tough it out...We stayed in a hotel for two days resting and relaxing and then attempted a day of boating and camping, but it was just too much for both of us and we ended-up heading home. I see my doctor tomorrow. I'm really hoping things are not as bad as they seem. Everything is so difficult - even the most simplest of tasks. So much pain! And I have always thought that I had a fairly high pain tolerance. I know that people struggle with much bigger challenges, but I'm feelin' pretty 'me-centered' right now.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Jen we're so sorry! That totally sucks. We'll have to make it up this fall with a truck camper extravaganza! Or we could just go drink ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a bummer! Hope you're healing up well. ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete