Friday, September 10, 2010

No, I'm not crazy.

I want to move into our garage. Convincing Jason is another story. We'd need to fix it up or tear it down and build new, but size-wise it seems reasonable. I don't know how many times we've talked about building a one-room cabin with a half-loft (for storage or sleeping) and downsizing to just the essentials. We have stayed in a couple camping cabins in southern Iowa **see picture** and they couldn't be more perfect. Of course, it would only be temporary...a way to save money and 'practice' our sustainable, minimalistic habits. I can dream, right?

1 comment:

  1. Nope not crazy. I've been thinking along the same lines. DH will never go for it though unless I can prove to him that it's really about organization more than square footage, so I'm stuck cleaning a big house until then. grrrr

    ReplyDelete